Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Senior Design Control System

Yesterday I 3D printed the two halves of the case that will house the components for the control system I am designing. Managed to print the wrong version of one of the halves and had to reprint it, wasting almost an hour of time. I popped in the components to see how they fit. I'll have to enlarge some of the holes for the Arduino ports since it's a tight fit. Next step, which I can't say I'm looking forward to is all the wiring and soldering that will come from converting everything seen here into the little box shown below. A quick note, I didn't tolerance the holes for the ports correctly so that's why the side looks crappy. I also printed a really thin shell so that the print time was faster. Will make it nicer once I print the final model.





No comments:

Post a Comment