Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Color Sensor

The original motivation for starting this project was the motivation to use a color detector to sort gumballs. The link I found was this: http://letsmakerobots.com/node/23768. Since I've got a 3D printer at work I decided to change up the plan a little bit and designed and printed this:


This is a self contained unit which can have the four LEDs and photocell mounted within it. Here are the wires being pulled through.

...Forgot to design for aesthetics.

All wired up and ready.

And finally everything setup ready to go.

Around this point I spent the next half hour troubleshooting everything because my connections weren't just right. Eventually I got everything up and running but realized one LED was much stronger than the others which led to false readings. I'll hopefully revisit this project at a later date and get it to function properly. For now here is a video of the system flashing lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment